Interesting facts :
Glossodia was formally known as “currency creek” It was named after a small purple orchid which grows in the area. Glossodia consists of a mixture of rural and residential properties with a population of just under 3000 people.
Schools and Education:
- Golden Valley Children’s Learning centre (0-6y)
- Glossodia Primary School
- Glossodia community centre which provides the community with many opportunities and services like before and after school care.
Transport and distances :
- High school bus services to Hawkesbury High, Bede Polding Catholic College and Arndell Anglican College.
- Most of Glossodia’s residences are a short walk from the local shopping centre located in Golden Valley drive with all the convinces
- 68 KM North-west of Sydney
- 13 KM to Windsor and 10 minutes to North Richmond’s shops and restaurants and Clubs
- Glossodia is in close proximity to the local Freemans Reach post office and united service station.
- Short drive to Windsor ,Richmond and Vineyard Railway stations
Sports and Recreation:
- Glossodia is home to Woodbury Reserve a 40 acre park centrally located in the heart of the township it provides playing fields, clubhouse walking areas and play equipment.
- Glossodia Netball Club.
- Glossodia Football Club