Property Managers with experience….
At Hamish Rogers Realty we appreciate the importance of professionally managing the investment properties of our landlord clients.
Hamish Rogers Realty offers you:
- Professional and personalised service of a boutique agency
- Experienced and dedicated staff who really do care
- Comprehensive knowledge of the local rental market
- Careful and thorough tenant selection process
- Regular updates on your investment property
- First class marketing expertise and exposure for your property
- Internet advertising on all major real estate websites
- Prompt repairs and regular inspections to maintain your property
- Profit maximisation strategies
- Competitive fee structure
The property management services we provide include the following:
- Finding tenants
- Selecting tenants
- Signing up tenants
- Rent in advance and rental bond
- Condition reports
- Periodic inspections
- Re-letting instructions
- Rental payments
- Rental arrears reports
- Monthly rental statements
- Profit and loss statements
- Repairs and maintenance
- Landlord protection insurance
- Council rates, water rates and strata levies
We maximise the exposure of rental properties to prospective tenants by:
- Listing properties on the major Internet sites, including realestate.com.au, domain.com.au, rent.com.au, homehound.com.au and our own website.
- Placing classified advertisements in local papers such as The Gazette if needed
- Erecting a for lease sign at the front of the property (subject to landlord, and if necessary body corporate approval)
- Including the property in our rental property list
- Alerting relocation companies to their availability if appropriate.
As part of the tenant selection process we interview prospective tenants and require them to complete a comprehensive tenancy application before carefully checking their references.
We involve landlords in the tenant selection process to the extent they desire.
Signing up tenants
We carefully prepare and sign residential tenancy agreements (leases) on behalf of our landlord clients. Rent in advance and rental bond.
Rent in advance and rental bond
We collect a minimum of two (2) weeks rent in advance of the commencement of the lease. A rental bond equivalent to four (4) weeks rent is also collected at this time.
We then lodge the rental bond together with a rental bond lodgement form, as signed by the managing agent and tenant(s), with the Department of Fair Trading for the security of our landlords.
We take the time to complete a detailed condition report and inventory, prior to tenant occupation.
This is an important document as it may be tendered in evidence at the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal should disputes arise between the parties in respect of the condition of the premises.
We inspect properties every 3 to 6 months, unless otherwise agreed. We provide written inspection reports including photographs to our landlords to ensure they are kept updated on the condition of their investment properties.
We contact our landlords to seek their further re-letting instructions.
We collect rental payments on behalf of landlords, receipt them, and deposit them into our property management trust account.
Rental arrears reports
A rental arrears report is printed on a regular basis as we consider rental arrears to be a very important issue. We adopt a proactive approach to tracking rent owed to our landlords by persistently contacting tenants who are in arrears. Landlords are informed of any necessary issues relating to rental arrears.
Monthly rental statement
At the end of each month we send our landlords a rental statement outlining the income and expenditure for the month, and remit the net rent into our landlords’ nominated bank accounts by way of electronic funds transfer.
Profit and loss statements
At the end of each financial year a profit and loss statement is provided to our landlords free of charge. These statements provide an annual summary of all the income and expenditure relating to the property.
Repairs and maintenance
We arrange quotes and repairs, and pay accounts as per the procedures agreed in the management agency agreement. A nominal amount of $500 maintenance expenditure is allowed however every attempt is made to report repairs and maintenance issues to our landlords prior to giving consent to a tradesperson to carry out work.
We contract trades people who offer excellent workmanship at competitive prices, however where landlords nominate their preferred trades people we will ensure that they are engaged in relation to works carried out on their properties.
Landlord Protection Insurance
Landlord Protection Insurance is strongly recommended.
Council rates, water rates and strata levies
We are able to pay council and water rates and strata levies on behalf of landlords at no extra cost
For more information or obtain details of our fee structure contact Ashleigh Power on 0427 395 878 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further landlord information (PDF):
Starting a Tenancy: Click Here
During a Tenancy: Click Here
Ending a Tenancy: Click Here